Shimmering Yarn, more reversible cables, Norwegian knits, circular tubes and the Knitting Song!
This week we have feasts for both the eyes and ears. You’ll be able to listen to Bill Oddie singing the “Knitting Song” while you browse through shimmering colors and textures.
It’s one of those sad realities of life that we can’t knit everything! Fortunately, it is often as satisfying to look and feel all the wonderful creations. Praise to Youtube and beautiful books and magazines to help us feast our eyes! I find that my best ideas are compilations of things I see, so I always love to look.
The Knitting Song
What a great find from Youtube! Bill Oddie singing “The Knitting Song.” This is so funny with everything that can rhyme with “knit” and sung instructions on how to pull the loop.
- Click here for The Knitting Song
More Reversible Cables
Beautiful stitches for scarves are rare, because both sides of scarves will show while wearing. Both sides don’t have to be exactly the same, but they do have to look great! From Youtube, this week, we have a truly reversible cable pattern that looks the same on both sides.
- Click here for Reversible Cables
Norwegian Mittens & Gloves
I have loved Norwegian patterns since I was a little girl.I had an old Norwegian knit book from the 20′s and slowly tried to knit through them all. I love the way the colors form under my hands and how perfectly it all comes out!
So you can imagine how excited I was to find a book full of Norwegian mittens and gloves. Click on the “Look Inside” link on Amazon.com. They are very generous with free pages from this book and beautiful photographs.
- Click here for Norwegian Mittens & Gloves
I love those fluffy yarns that grow the more you wear them. Lion Brand has a lovely eyelash yarn that is very cool. We are featuring a lovely rust color… but that is nothing compared to Beaded Mohair and Sequins yarn from the Impressionist Collection! Get ready to shine!
-or- if you have an urge to make your own… Here is a book on spinning your own fancy yarns:
- Click here for Handspinner’s Workbook: Fancy Yarns
Some people hate to knit with double pointed needles. I don’t know why, because they never seem all that hard to me. But I grew up with double pointed needles and experience always makes things easier.
One great technique that has come along to help avoid the double pointed needles, and still knit small tubes, is done with two double pointed needles. We have a great video showing how it is done.
- Click here for Tubes with Circular Needles
Till We Meet Again…
I can’t get everything done that I want, but fortunately the life of knitting is soft and rhythmic. I think the real moral of knitting, and of handspinning too, is goes slow; it takes a completely different pace than the rest of our lives.
So here’s to the next stitch, and as the Knitting Song says, “But me, I’m gonna just sit down and knit!”
- hvac service on PRINCESS Graphs / Charts & Patterns: For Knit, Crochet, Cross Stitch, Plastic Canvas, Beading, Etc.
- LJ Kohl on The Yarn Tamer
- fiber tools on fiber arts Respect the Spindle
- Elizabeth Bell on Knitting Tips : How to Knit a Baby Blanket
- online dating on Yarn Harlot Knitting
Love My Kindle!
Save the Planet
Stop buying bottled water. Filtered bottles is the answer for always fresh FREE water.
- Amanda from JimmyBeansWool.com reviews the Ann Norling Ruana Knitting Pattern. A... February 2, 2012Amanda from JimmyBeansWool.com reviews the Ann Norling Ruana Knitting Pattern. Ann Norling knitting patterns are some of our favorites – great detail, accuracy, and cool styles! Jimmy Beans Wool is your LYS… online! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPdpcg0qXY4&feature=player_embedded Ann Norling Ruana Knitting Pattern Review VideoAmanda from JimmyBeansWool […]
- This site brought to you by SpinCraft Knitting Patterns: where you can learn a k... February 2, 2012This site brought to you by SpinCraft Knitting Patterns: where you can learn a knit calculation system that will enable you to knit so it fits. With the SpinCraft Knitting System it’s a whole new way to knit. Knit So It Fits What you do is take measurements of both your swatch and the person you are knitting for. Then you do some simple calculations to find […]
- Way cool video with beautiful shawls
http://knitknitting.com/weekly-shawl-921-2/ February 1, 2012Way cool video with beautiful shawls http://knitknitting.com/weekly-shawl-921-2/Weekly Shawl 9/21 | Knit Knittingknitknitting.comWay cool video with beautiful shawls on this page.
- New baby, shawl collection, skein markers, hand dying, the magic loop and more…... February 1, 2012New baby, shawl collection, skein markers, hand dying, the magic loop and more… It’s the end of January, and I hope everyone has been enjoying the winter as the best time to knit! You may have noticed that I didn’t manage to get a newsletter out last Tuesday… but I have a great excuse. My first grandchild was born in Boise on the 21st, and I was lucky to be […]
- Untitled November 29, 2011SpinCraft Newsletter #3aweber.comHello again everyone. As always, I am amazed at the fiber knowledge I find online, and inspired to finish up some projects of my own.