How to knit cables, Hearts Lace stitch, and joining a ball of yarn.
Welcome to the 18th issue of the online SpinCraft Newsletter, and thanks for being my subscriber. As always, if you don’t want this newsletter, or don’t remember signing up for it, please don’t spam me. Instead, click the link at the bottom to unsubscribe. I appreciate your kindness in that regard.
It’s been my experience that many knitters are also gardners and love the outdoors (hence the need for lots of hats and scarves). So it would not surprise me if you are finding less time for knitting these days, and are being captured by those occasional perfect sunny days.
As knitting season winds down, and summer opens up, this news letter will, likely, become a bit sporadic in schedule. In fact, that has already happened as I missed last Tuesday! As the Christmas and fall knitting bug starts to hit later in the season we’ll gear up again to be faithfully sent on Tuesday mornings.
Of course I’ve joined a million balls of yarn in my time. But I always enjoy watching how someone else does it. The questions is: Is there really a right way?
Most of the time I leave a long end, so that I have something to work in so that the ends can never ravel out. Sometimes, though, I’m knitting along with some store-bought yarn and find that they just joined it with a little knot with the ends clipped short. Heck… if they do that, why can’t I?
Most of the time I tie a knot with my old ball and new, because it gives extra security. But sometimes I an knitting something that is fine, and the knot will be in a visible place. Then I knit the two yarns together for a few stitches, leaving a smooth join.
In this issue we are featuring a video from Knitpicks using the “knitting in” method . She shows how to join by knitting the strands together. The nice thing about this method is that you don’t have to work the ends in later, just clip them off when convenient.
- Click here for: Joining a new ball of Yarn – Knitting In
Nadelspiel.com brings us a video on how to knit “Hearts Lace Stitch.” It looks very complicated and makes a nice lace with little hearts, but it is really quite simple.
- Click here for: Hearts Lace Stitch
We have a very simple video by Fayme Harper demonstrating how to make a cable stitch. She shows a basic 6 stitch cable… with some beautiful tan yarn!
- Click here for: How to knit Cables
Back to Work
And it’s back to work for me! So much to get done.
By the way… did I mention that one of my many jobs is doing tech support for a guy who puts out a computer “How to” newsletter and website: Ask Leo! You can ask Leo questions about your computer and tech problems, and he gives great answers. He also has a newsletter that is published weekly: get it here: Ask Leo Newsletter.
As always, happy spring and happy knitting!
Love My Kindle!
Save the Planet
Stop buying bottled water. Filtered bottles is the answer for always fresh FREE water.
- Amanda from JimmyBeansWool.com reviews the Ann Norling Ruana Knitting Pattern. A... February 2, 2012Amanda from JimmyBeansWool.com reviews the Ann Norling Ruana Knitting Pattern. Ann Norling knitting patterns are some of our favorites – great detail, accuracy, and cool styles! Jimmy Beans Wool is your LYS… online! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPdpcg0qXY4&feature=player_embedded Ann Norling Ruana Knitting Pattern Review VideoAmanda from JimmyBeansWool.com reviews the Ann Norling Ruana Knitting Pattern. Ann Norling knitting patterns are […]
- This site brought to you by SpinCraft Knitting Patterns: where you can learn a k... February 2, 2012This site brought to you by SpinCraft Knitting Patterns: where you can learn a knit calculation system that will enable you to knit so it fits. With the SpinCraft Knitting System it’s a whole new way to knit. Knit So It Fits What you do is take measurements of both your swatch and the person […]
- Way cool video with beautiful shawls
http://knitknitting.com/weekly-shawl-921-2/ February 1, 2012Way cool video with beautiful shawls http://knitknitting.com/weekly-shawl-921-2/Weekly Shawl 9/21 | Knit Knittingknitknitting.comWay cool video with beautiful shawls on this page.
- New baby, shawl collection, skein markers, hand dying, the magic loop and more…... February 1, 2012New baby, shawl collection, skein markers, hand dying, the magic loop and more… It’s the end of January, and I hope everyone has been enjoying the winter as the best time to knit! You may have noticed that I didn’t manage to get a newsletter out last Tuesday… but I have a great excuse. My […]
- Untitled November 29, 2011SpinCraft Newsletter #3aweber.comHello again everyone. As always, I am amazed at the fiber knowledge I find online, and inspired to finish up some projects of my own.