Knitting in December
December is often a fast flurry of finishing up knitting projects before Christmas. We have some fast and beautiful projects to help!
Like many knitters, I am looking at the calendar and going, “Opps!” Time is quickly running out to get my Christmas presents done. So I can’t waste a minute.
I also very much enjoy watching money not gush out of my pockets as the day of giving approaches, and feel a bit of pride that I am contributing to a greater sense of care with my handcrafted gifts. I’m also helping out all my friends and family who seem to be keeping the heat turned down a few more notches than they used to!
The streaming engine on KnitKnitting.com has picked up some amazing training videos and ideas for the week. Here is a sampling of the best:
The scrumptious pictures in this book are enough to make me want to pick up some new yarn and start knitting… and the idea of getting an entire project done in a weekend is all the more enticing. This is a compilation of hat patterns from 21 designers in one beautiful collection.
Click here for more:
Diagonal Eyelet Mosiac Pattern
The pattern is from Vogue Knitting Stitch a Day Calendar, and the training video is posted to Youtube by “Knitting and Purling” blog. She does a great job in teaching the stitch visually .
Click here to see: Diagonal Mosiac Knitting Pattern
I am starting to have so many projects laying around by my TV Chair that this large-size woven tote caught my eye. I like it because it stands up by itself and will be easy to reach in and grab what I want.
Click here for the African Tote
We are featuring a full 5-part video series on knitting a quick headband. Each video is very short, and a full write-up of the pattern is also included
Here’s the Headband
As always, there are more things than I can hope to go through in this short newsletter including:
Over at SpinCraft Patterns we are all set for a new pattern… but not quite ready. If you ever think that getting a knitting newsletter once a week is too much… try creating a new pattern each week! Of course it can’t be done, or shouldn’t be done, and I wouldn’t even try. The only reason it came to mind was because I actually did a pattern a week for two weeks in November!
I have finished my baby blanket, but have yet to work in the ends, wash, block and write up the pattern. With a little bit of luck it will be ready for next Tuesday’s newsletter
Till We Meet Again
As always, come and leave questions, suggestions and your own knitting knowledge in the comments section. As we get more comments we’ll start to include pertinent ones along with the newsletter.
There is so much great stuff available, but I strive each week to keep the newsletter short. So I’ll sign off with this.
The goal is to have a short newsletter each Tuesday with something to wet your appetite for the fiber arts, and each Friday to send a quick Stitch of the Week and Pattern of the Week. So see you soon!
- hvac service on PRINCESS Graphs / Charts & Patterns: For Knit, Crochet, Cross Stitch, Plastic Canvas, Beading, Etc.
- LJ Kohl on The Yarn Tamer
- fiber tools on fiber arts Respect the Spindle
- Elizabeth Bell on Knitting Tips : How to Knit a Baby Blanket
- online dating on Yarn Harlot Knitting
Love My Kindle!
Stop buying bottled water. Filtered bottles is the answer for always fresh FREE water.
- Amanda from JimmyBeansWool.com reviews the Ann Norling Ruana Knitting Pattern. A... February 2, 2012Amanda from JimmyBeansWool.com reviews the Ann Norling Ruana Knitting Pattern. Ann Norling knitting patterns are some of our favorites – great detail, accuracy, and cool styles! Jimmy Beans Wool is your LYS… online! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPdpcg0qXY4&feature=player_embedded Ann Norling Ruana Knitting Pattern Review Videowww.youtube.comAmanda from […]
- This site brought to you by SpinCraft Knitting Patterns: where you can learn a k... February 2, 2012This site brought to you by SpinCraft Knitting Patterns: where you can learn a knit calculation system that will enable you to knit so it fits. With the SpinCraft Knitting System it’s a whole new way to knit. Knit So It Fits What you do is take measurements of both your swatch and the person you are knitting for. Then you do some simple calculations to find […]
- Way cool video with beautiful shawls
http://knitknitting.com/weekly-shawl-921-2/ February 1, 2012Way cool video with beautiful shawls http://knitknitting.com/weekly-shawl-921-2/Weekly Shawl 9/21 | Knit Knittingknitknitting.comWay cool video with beautiful shawls on this page.
- New baby, shawl collection, skein markers, hand dying, the magic loop and more…... February 1, 2012New baby, shawl collection, skein markers, hand dying, the magic loop and more… It’s the end of January, and I hope everyone has been enjoying the winter as the best time to knit! You may have noticed that I didn’t manage to get a newsletter out last Tuesday… but I have a great excuse. My first grandchild was born in Boise on the 21st, and I was lucky to be […]
- Untitled November 29, 2011SpinCraft Newsletter #3aweber.comHello again everyone. As always, I am amazed at the fiber knowledge I find online, and inspired to finish up some projects of my own.